Multiple Birth SA provides a variety of services for multiple birth families which are summarised below and detailed in our brochure. If you have any questions about any of these services please contact us.
Home Help Service
The Home Help Service supports South Australian families with twins, triplets or more, by providing free home visits from caring professionals when the babies are young. The program is available for all SA residents, including rural families. Read more about this amazing service here.
Free Feeding Pillow Hire
We have breastfeeding pillows (including Twin Z and My Brest Friend pillows) available for MBSA members to borrow for free. Login to our membership portal and go to the shop to view the current stock.
Being a member of Multiple Birth SA entitles you to various discounts, including:
- 15% off at Baby Junction,
- An Australian Baby Card which gives you access to loads of discounts, and
- Lower cost options on various formulas, including huge savings on Blackmores, mumamoo and Oli6 (Goat Milk) formula as well as information on how to join the Nutricia / Karicare multiple birth club to access their lower cost formula options.
Members Only Facebook Forums
Private groups on Facebook for Multiple Birth SA members where you can ask questions, find loads of useful tips and keep up to date on all the latest goings on:
- General members only forum which is a safe, supportive sanctuary for members to ask questions, seek advice and support each other without fear of judgement, criticism or condemnation,
- Dads’ group run by our Dads’ Contacts for MBSA dads to connect and share their stories,
- For those with older children we have our school aged multiples page to talk about issues faced by older multiples,
- And last but not least, we have a sales page for members and ex-members where you can buy, sell & give from the Multiple Birth SA community. This is a great place to pick up a bargain x 2 or 3! Not to mention making some money from those items that you no longer need.
"I have never been a member of a forum and I am a rather silent member of the group. However coming on here and reading others experiences when I was at my absolute wits end (when the twins were around 8 weeks old) was just a life saver. I could see there were others who had been here and survived. Some of the comments even turned my tears into laughter. It has just been the best thing I could have done. Thank you MBSA!"
Multiple Birth Specific Information
Free Sleep Consultant Webinars
Members get free access to a set of three multiple birth specific sleep talks with a qualified sleep consultant (no – this is not about “crying it out”) for the following age groups:
- 0 – 7 month olds,
- 8 months to 2 years &
- 2 years to 4 years of age.
These sessions usually costs $39 so this is great member value! They are available on demand on our main members only Facebook forum.
Multiples Starting School Webinar
With four experienced panelists providing their insight on multiples starting school, this session offers some very valuable information. This is available on demand on our main members only Facebook forum.
MBSA is affiliated with the national multiple birth association (AMBA) and so our members get access to their suite of on demand webinars with topics including the first year of multiples, special needs, perinatal depression and more. These are generally $20 per session but MBSA members can watch them for free with the discount codes provided when you join.
MBSA holds a variety of events throughout the year including information sessions, social catch ups on evenings and weekends, Dads’ nights and the fabulous Christmas party. The vast majority of these events are completely free for members.
The Multiple Mag provides personal stories and anecdotes from members, details of up coming events and general Multiple Birth SA news every two months.
Support is available from our staff, our committee members and the wider community. If you need help or have a question please do not hesitate to contact us or put an inquiry through our Facebook page.
We also have specialised support for many families including:
- Premature birth support,
- Dads support, and
- Single Parent support.
They can be contacted through the email addresses listed here.
Australian Multiple Birth Association (AMBA) membership
MBSA is affiliated with the national body – AMBA. Each of our members automatically receive an AMBA membership when they join MBSA.
These groups are safe, supportive spaces across the state for families with twins, triplets and more to connect and play. There’s probably one near you where you can meet other multiple families face to face, get support and make some new life long friends.
MBSA does not provide these classes but we highly recommend attending one by about 30 weeks as multiples often come early! Classes for expectant multiple birth parents are held at the Women’s and Children’s, Flinders Medical Centre and Lyell McEwin Hospitals. Classes are open to all expectant parents regardless of where you are planning on birthing.